Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Becoming a Big Kid

Little Sister is turning 2 at the end of the month.
Yesterday she officially moved up to the 2 year-old class at school.
Little just isn't so very little anymore.

Along with that, she is getting very independent. Granted, she's still a Momma's girl, but now, she has her own thoughts. And when she decides something, watch out! She is going to get her way.

Sometimes this gets her in trouble, but most of the time it manifests itself in much more harmless ways. Odd, but harmless.

For example last week, while looking for a shirt we ran across a zip-up hoodie sweatshirt. She had to put it on IMMEDIATELY and refused to take it off, despite the 105 degree weather.

The next day, she started digging through our shoe basket and came up with 2 brown shoes.
However, one of them was Big's old brown shoe she had grown out of, and one was Little's shoe.
She had to put them on IMMEDIATELY and refused to swap either of them out for a matching pair.

I took both the other shoes to school, just in case. :)  Besides, at school she NEVER leaves her shoes on. Ever. So really, what was it going to hurt. Who says we have to wear matching shoes anyway?

Later that week as we were getting ready for bed, she found her pink Crocs. She had to put them on IMMEDIATELY and refused to take them off when it was time to get into bed. At first I tried to talk her out of it, but then I quickly realized it wasn't going to hurt anything and that they'd fall off in a matter of seconds anyway, as all Crocs do.

So I was very surprised when I came upstairs the next morning.

CRW_0861

Sitting in bed.
Reading a book,
Shoes firmly in place.

Oh how I love this kid!! She makes me laugh.
I just want to squeeze her and hug her forever.

CRW_0876

Hope you enjoy your silly, strong willed children today!
(assuming they're not being naughty while they're being strong willed!!!)  :)

xoxo Lori Danelle

1 comment:

  1. So very cute, she looks adorable in those pink crocs, how can you say no?

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails